Monday, June 4, 2012

A Brave little Warrior

A typical Saturday at the Napier house is little kiddies waking up way to early.
Mind you Ty and I don't want to be in this category but it goes with the territory. Well this was a regular Saturday kids already lathered in Sunblock breakfast all done and in there bathing suits playing in there little pool. Let me say it was only 8 a clock too. I was in the kitchen and see Averee and little Tyler throwing water back and forth at each other and I go back to putting dishes away. Then I hear this loud thump..
I knew someone had hit the house well then a loud scream came after and I knew.. Little Tyler was at the screen door covered in blood. He had hit the corner of the stucco post dead center of his forehead. Well I of course freaked out none of my girls have ever hurt themselves like in a serious situation. So I had never experienced this kind of thing. I was smart enough to know he needed stitches. So I called Big Ty in the house and of course he thinks I am over reacting when I call him and is thinking he's fine until he see's it. So Ty gets ready and I get little Tyler ready to go to the hospital with Daddy. Little Tyler say's to me while holding the cloth to his head "Mommy I am like a real Warrior now" I said "You are right buddy you are a warrior".


As the girls and I waited for him they Averee was so scared and she wanted to pray for him that he would be ok. So her and Lola prayed. I thought about what he had said about being a real warrior and how true that was. He has endured things and faced battles at such a young age and that day he got hurt he faced it with such strength. He didn't freak out he did cry of course, I mean who wouldn't? He calmed down in a traumatic situation and trusted Tyler and myself to see him through it. I mean think about it. Living in a new place and experiencing such trauma and having to trust people who you have not Known for a long time. Well he did and he came out like a Warrior. 7 stitches later and will have the scar to prove it. I will be ale to tell everyone that scar is a battle he did win with trusting and overcoming it like a warrior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment