Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Being Thankful...


    Being Thankful is something we can all struggle with. I know my self that I can get caught up with focusing on what I don't have rather than what I do have. We live in era that tells you, You can only be happy with fulling every desire or want you have. When really we should be centered on what God has Blessed your Life with already.  

This morning I was reading a blog in how as Christians do we really take the time to say, Thank you. Right now in the midst of our lives I can say "Thank you God for my blessings in my life. I know from the outside it might not look like you would call it a blessing, but it is from God.

If we took the time out of our day to embrace what we have, rather than what we don't. The joy won't be robbed of what is really good. When was the last time a blessing or gift, not a tangible gift. A gift from God to you came and went and you weren't thankful.

For me, is the Boys they were a gift to our lives and for that I am Thankful. Even when you don't think it's a gift, Gifts are from God and we need to remember that they can be gone in a blink of an eye. What is here today can be gone tomorrow, I can attest to that.   Try to through out your day to thank God for your blessings or the gifts from him. The soft warm cheeks you get to kiss to the ones who call you Mommy. The warm bed you get to sleep in at night, the way the sunset and made you smile. These are just all examples everyone has something they can be Thankful for even if you feel like you have nothing.

Don't let the I wish or I want or I don't have get in the way of the the real blessings in your life.

 Thessalonians 5:18
  Be Thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment