Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taking in the Moments with our Kids...

 When I was first entering Motherhood I will never forget what someone said to me. They told me slow down when your a Mom because it happens in a blink of an eye. Oh how true it is for all of us Moms. Some Mom's are now Grandma's and even Great Grandma's. Mom's who are seeing their children off to war, a wedding, college ect... I can't begin to place my mind there that my babies will someday be adults and will be on a new adventures of life.

That is what we do though, we raise our children to leave us. We raise them to prepare them for the the life ahead of them. In this moment my girls are 9, 6 and 3 seeing the way they are now I can't even begun to know how they will be as adults or even teenagers... Oh that word teenagers with girls everyone likes to say us because we have three, Oh you just wait!! I can't predict anything all I can do is pray over them and their walk in this life. I felt led to write this post because sometimes we get so busy and caught up with life we forget they are growing up everyday. I look at my girls and realize they are out of stages that they used to be in. My oldest Faith I can remember so clearly rocking her to take a nap everyday when she was just a baby and she was the only one no siblings yet. Now she is in the stage where she attends school all day and my time with her is not all day it gets shorter. My second one Averee I remember her always having her pacifier and following me wherever I went. Now she talks so much I can't ever believe she had a pacifier at all. Now my youngest Lola she is 3 and although she is still a baby to me I notice everything that isn't making her a baby anymore. Like no more diapers, or pacifiers and no more waking up with cartoons and having a sippy cup. Yet I take in the fact that I can hold her still and carry her. I can't help but watch her and think she too will be older like her sisters.

It doesn't help that I am getting older also. I mean I was pretty young in having kids and I know I am not so old you realize it more when you see your own children growing up. This has made me more aware to just take a step back and watch my girls grow up not to get caught up in the things that they won't remember but in the things they will remember. Like playing with my oldest for a bit of time when she was a baby and all the pretend stuff she liked to do. My girls still ask me to play with them and I try to remember when I feel like something has to be done that they wont always ask me. I look at their sweet faces and even growing bodies and think of who they will become or what they will do. Remember to take a step back because when you blink you have already moved 2 steps ahead and everyone else around you has also. Something that I have learned because I am like any other Mommy who wants to get things done and don't stop maybe when I should. I find out what my kids things are meaning what they like to do with me and their special time. Faiths is sitting or laying on my bed and talking or going somewhere by herself with me or helping in the kitchen.  Averee loves to have books read to her and she likes to color so if I color with her she absolutely loves it or also helping me in the kitchen. Lola loves to play kitchen or babies or  make crafts. Find out what kids interest is and when you do it with them they love that you also take interest in it also. Build relationships with you kids.

                                          Can you tell who is who at 6 months?

                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment