Thursday, April 26, 2012

6 months old Today and still Growing.



 I can't believe my Little boy is 6 months old today. As I look into his Big blue eyes I think of quite the journey this little man has been on. Being brought into the world so dramatically and not in a normal way. He was so tiny when we first laid eyes on him in the Nicu he didn't look real. He was only 4 pounds when we brought him home from the hospital. He could fit into the palm of both hands put together. Fragile and so weak I couldn't believe this tiny little person was coming home to us. It would take him 45 minutes just to finish a bottle the size of a pretend bottle for your girls baby dolls. Even his preemie clothes were to big if you could even believe that! 6 months in the making and he has improved more than i could express. We took him to Mad era's children's hospital and had some test done on him Found out that he has esophageal reflux we are so grateful for that. He will grow out of it and he is now on a medicine that has truly helped him. He doesn't have that major heart burn  that would cause him a lot of pain and discomfort and  doesn't projectile vomit his food as much anymore.

  He has totally changed from the last blog I wrote. He is now tracking your face and he just started grabbing for things. He doesn't sit up yet or eat solid foods. Crying isn't like it used to be. We have now learned he is baby who needs to sleep a lot and know when to put him down for his naps. His sister's and brother love to make him smile. He is by far the most popular and unpopular in the house..lol Either they love him for smiling or dislike him for screaming give or take.  He follows me with his eyes when ever I am in the room. His smiles melt my heart every time, it isn't really anything I could explain just the fact that it reminds me every time that God is faithful and in control. Though the bonding for him and I hasn't been easy because his little body doesn't take well to touch or to much stimulation. It is just something that we have to work harder for. There is so much love that we have to give to him that I truly know in my heart it will help him through.




I can't wait for that day when I get to hear him laugh. I don't know how I will handle it I won't know to laugh or cry. Not hearing this from him has been kind of weird for me since all my babies were smiling and laughing and making  baby noises already by now. He will laugh I know it in his timing and Gods. I will wait patiently just adoring and enjoying all the steps he is doing day by day. He is my precious Little Boy and I Love Him so.   

No comments:

Post a Comment